Creating a Flash Game
On completion of this unit of work, you will be able to:
- maintain files in a clear, logical structure demonstrating understanding of file size, type and naming conventions
- determine quality design specifications for a Flash game and follow the specifications to create a game using ActionScript 3.0
- design and implement an object-oriented program
Each of your ‘assignments’ will be marked according to how well you have demonstrated achievement of one or more of these outcomes.
A single player flash game containing:
- A welcome page
- A controllable character
- A task for the character to complete (a way for the user to win, OR a way for the user to score points and a way to end the game)
- An end of game message
Complete specifications and assessment criteria can be found here: Single Player Flash Game Assignment Specifications.
Mini Assignments (work in class)
- A moveable object (LO1, LO3)
- Bat and Ball (LO1, LO3)
- Start and End Frames (LO1, LO2, LO3)
- Commenting (LO1, LO2, LO3)
Your assignments can be submitted at any time, but all of the mini assignments must be submitted before you hand-in your major assignment.
Learning activities have been designed to help you learn and understand how to complete the requirements of the assignments. You are not required to complete all of these activities if you are confident you can complete the assignments without doing so.