- Use html for basic web page coding
- Modify css to create a new web page style
- Work effectively in a team to develop and manage a website with multiple contributors - meeting the specified requirements of a client
- Write a clear and comprehensive project brief
- Plan, write, adapt and follow a project schedule
- Reflect on the effectiveness of your contribution to a project team
Curriculum Area: Digital Technologies
(Addresses Content Descriptions: ACTDIP027, ACTDIP030, ACTDIP031, ACTDIP032)
Format: Comprehensive lesson plans, with timing and resources listed. The unit of work has been designed for delivery in a classroom, with students working in teams that are formed as part of the first lesson, and with structured support throughout.
Timing: ~30 hours of class time (organised into 18 lessons of approximately 100 minutes duration)
This unit uses the context of a client (the teacher) and an initial brief
To have a regularly updated, dynamic website showcasing the work and interests of the class for friends and family of the class to see.
to support students to work through the process of managing an ICT project as a team. It introduces the basics of hypertext markup language (HTML) and cascading style sheets (CSS) sufficient to enable successful delivery of the project brief.
A printable Unit Outline, as well as a set of editable lesson plans, student resources to use in each lesson, assessment checklists for use during lessons, and assessment task instructions, criteria and rubrics.